Alabama’s only statewide airport and aviation association which represents International, Air Carrier, General Aviation Airports, and Aviation Businesses, Economic Developers, Pilots, Aircraft Owners and Aviation Associations. The Aviation Council of Alabama is dedicated to continued improvement, development and advancements of airports and aviation throughout the state.
Additional information available by clicking on the hyperlink above.
Stay up to date with the Aviation Council of Alabama’s Events Calendar by clicking HERE.
Why should I join?
The Aviation Council has been organized to promote and protect the interests of all segments of the aviation community. Your dues will enable the Council to closely monitor issues, trends and events that may have an impact upon each of its members.
The Council will keep you informed and be your network
- Airport Funding Issues both State and Federal and local matching fund shares.
- Maintaining and Improving Alabama’s Airports
- State and Federal taxation issues, user fees and fuel
- Off-airport land uses such as tall structures, noise and issues that threaten flying safety
- Minimum Standards for airport tenants, FBO’s, Flight Schools and Corporate Flight Departments
- Airspace protection- enroute & adjacent to airports and helipads
- Agency regulatory actions
- Environmental policy that impacts airport operations.
Other Membership Benefits
- Alabama Aviation Calendar and News
- Alabama Aviation and Airport Information and Data
- Unsurpassed Registered Lobbying for aviation and airport issues
- Outstanding Annual Airport Conference Program
- Workshops, Meetings and Legislative/Public Officials Roundtable Discussions
- Membership Recognition: Decals, Logo attire, Plaques and Promotional Material.
- Grassroots Representation to protect local airports
- Monitoring of Aeronautics Bureau-ALDOT meeting and the promulgation of rules
- Partnerships with Allied State Associations
- Alabama Airports Exhibit Representation
- Development of media coverage with aviation issues.
How Can I Join?
Fill out an application and mail with your check or you may contact us:
The Aviation Council of Alabama, Inc
3269 Highway 231 South
Ozark, AL 36360
- Since joining the ACA (Aviation Council of Alabama) I have been able to stay abreast of all upcoming regulations, been able to have a voice in some of the issues that affect my facility, and learned from my peeprs that I would not have otherwise been in contact with.